- Write back-end code in Ruby.
- Provide beautiful and fast code that improves the code base of our products in meaningful ways.
- Use TDD to write rock- solid code, utilizing our huge test suite to make changes with confidence.
- Rapidly fix bugs or take your time to solve hard problems well.
- Contribute back to the open source community.
- Deploy code to hundreds of servers and tens of thousands of customers in your first week.
- Never stop learning. Shopify is an environment of constant personal growth.
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code.
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce and other internet applications
Work Conditions, Physical Capabilities and Essential Skills:
MAC, Linux, Internet, Security software, Programming software, Web site creation and management software, Database software, Programming languages, Software development, Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Sitting, Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning
- Completion of University
- 3 years of experience in web development
- Experience with Ruby and Rails
- Experience with Java Script
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) to ensure correct code and guide architecture decisions
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with CSS
Compensation is between $80,000 and $90,000 annually (depending on experience), and is subject to annual review.
- Extended Health Care Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Spousal and Child Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Stock Options
- Flexible Vacation (generally 3 weeks)
- Relocation Budget
- Maternity Leave top up to 85% for 17 weeks
- Parental Leave top up to 100% for 3 weeks
- Flexible Work Hours
- Mileage Paid
- Professional Development Budget
- Healthy Living Budget and Discounted Gym Membership
- Childcare Allowance and Family Support Bonus
- House Cleaning
- Catered Lunches and Snacks
- Employee Discount on our service
- Paid time off for incidental illness, jury duty, bereavement
- Discretionary Bonuses
We pride ourselves in hiring motivated and creative individuals that truly love what they do. If you're interested, please email Jen McInnis at firstname.lastname@example.org: attach your CV, link to some code you’re proud of on GitHub or a technical article you’ve written.
Who to contact about the job : Jen McInnis
Contact phone number : 613-241-2828 ext: 748
Contact email address : email@example.com